Announcement: “CLR via C#” blog series
A friend and colleague of mine and I decided to give several knowledge sharing sessions based on the book: “CLR via C#” by Jeffrey Richter. More info about the book at Microsoft Learning.
We believe it is a very good book, but hard to process. It’s not something you call “light reading”. That’s why we like to redeliver the book to the MSCoP group of Capgemini. Of course, we won’t forget our blog readers! We’ll put all our materials (slides and code samples) online.
We’ve limited our delivery to 4 sessions, one per month. Because we cannot cover the whole book in our sessions, we decided to occasionally blog about the remaining parts of the book.
Session 1 (End of September)
- Chapter 1: CLR Execution Model
- Chapter 2: Building, Packaging, Deploying, and Administering Applications and Types
Session 2 (End of October)
- Chapter 21: CLR Hosting and AppDomains
- Chapter 3: Shared Assemblies and Strongly Named Assemblies
- Chapter 22: Assembly Loading and Reflection
Session 3 (TBA)
- Chapter 19: Exceptions
- Chapter 23: Performing Asynchronous Operations
- Chapter 24: Thread Synchronization
Session 4 (TBA)
- Chapter 20: Garbage Collection